Wednesday, April 8, 2009

This would have been a nice appetizer


I made the Chickpea Patties with Arugula Salad for dinner. I enjoyed this but it was a bit odd as a meal. I think one patty as an appetizer might be the way to go.

Matt thought the arugula salad was a little too sharp. I am not sure if it was the greens or the lemon juice. I found it good as long as each bite had some chickpea patty with it. I liked the texture of the smooth patties with the crisp outsides on the greens. The salad was probably a bit over dressed in retrospect as I used all the dressing for about half the greens.

Today for lunch we are having the leftover patties on some less bitter greens so we can see how that goes.

To make the recipe I had to process in the food processor in two batches. I also needed my extra large fry pan to cook all of the patties at once.



For a vegan patty I felt these were pretty easy to make and they held together well. I would definitely make this again either as an appetizer or as a side dish.

No comments: