Wednesday, April 8, 2009

He Liked It


I think it took all of Matt's strength to say "okay" when I told him I was making stewed lima beans for dinner. Adding the word stewed to the recipe title really doesn't help the lima beans sound any better. But, stick with this one, it has a happy ending.

This recipe calls for two packages of frozen lima beans. I only bought one but I didn't panic because Bishop said this recipe could work with a variety of beans. I used a can of red kidney beans along side my lima beans.

I made a modified version of Bishops rice pilaf with brown basmati rice, olive oil, and a cinnamon stick. The rest of the dish comes together in about half the time of the rice. I used olive oil throughout this recipe.

We made this into three nice size servings instead of the four.

We both liked this. It might not be gourmet but this is one that is better than its parts. I probably won't be impressing any company with this one but I probably could. For something that is pretty much from the pantry this was great.

No comments: