Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pissaladiere and Kale

I went back to the Healthy Hedonist by Myra Kornfeld tonight. We had a Provencal Onion Tart with a side of Garlicky Braised Kale with Balsamic Vinegar and Capers.

The greens came in at 343 calories or 86 calories a serving for 4 servings. The pizza with crust came in at 2,425 calories or 606 calories a serving for 4 servings. No anchovies included.

I used the 50% whole wheat crust but didn't have the equipment to make the two 10" rounds. I made it on a cookie sheet. Baked it on the pan for 11 minutes and then baked straight on the oven rack for another 7 or so.

I sure liked the pizza. The greens ended up tough. I don't know if I under/over cooked them or if they were just not stellar to start with. Sometimes we love kale but then there are nights like this. The capers and vinegar were a nice flavor but it was not very enjoyable to eat.

Tomorrow night is Wonton Ravioli.

No comments: