Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dinner - May 30, 2009


Here is one more recipe from the New York Times' Recipes for Health. This is called Middle Eastern Lentils with Pasta and can be found on their website along with a more attractive photo.

I was rushing to get all of these recipes made both to use up the ingredients and to stock Matt up with leftovers ahead of my trip to see my sister.

I am writing this up long after the fact so I lack much in the way of details. I liked this dish and felt it satisfied kind of like Skyline Chili. I do not think it is a vegetarian version of that local delicacy but it has some similar satisfying characteristics.

As I recall this was easy. I didn't make any notes on recipe modifications. I would make it again and would consider it an option for a new weeknight regular.

I calculated this at 2200 calories for the whole batch. It is said to serve 6 generously but I think that is only the case if it is part of a meal including some additional dishes. We treated this as a complete meal and made it into 4 servings. For 6 servings it would be 367 calories and 550 calories for 4 servings.

No comments: