Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dinner - June 20, 2009


This meal was created as I approached the end of the food in the refrigerator. The next day I was going to a well reviewed farmer's market so I didn't want to restock from the grocery.

This meal was made up of Spicy Baked Beans served with Quinoa-Grits Polenta and a side of leeks and carrot salad. The beans and polenta recipes are from Kornfeld's Healthy Hedonist. The Sauteed Leeks and Boiled Carrots with North African Spices are from Bishop's Vegetables Every Day.

This might not look like a great meal but it mostly was. I did not like the carrots at all. Matt was okay with them but not excited. The beans and polenta were great and even better together. I really enjoyed the leeks although Matt found the outsides a little tough.

The beans and polenta held up well as leftovers. This would be considered comfort food for me and I would love to have this again soon but I will try and hold off until fall.

The leeks are steamed before they are sauteed. I allowed the carrot salad to cool to room temperature.

No comments: