Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dinner - June 21, 2009

The recipe I used here was Stir-Fried Cauliflower and Spinach with Red Curry Sauce from Bishop's Vegetables Every Day. I actually used beet greens. The vegetables here all came from vendors at the Hyde Park Farmers' Market.

I used basil and 1.5 tsp of Thai red curry paste. I served each of the 4 serving over 1.5 servings of brown jasmine rice. The directions said that this would be spicy hot but it was not so I probably did not need all the rice. I thought it tasted good anyway.

This recipe was easy and came together in the time it took to cook the rice. I think I would serve this to company. The beet greens did have a little more bight than spinach would have and while I liked that Matt found it a little challenging. Beets are one of my favorite vegetables and one of Matt's least favorite.

No comments: