Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dinner - June 17, 2009


This is Smokin' Drunken Chili from Healthy Hedonist. Vegan Cornbread from Berley's Modern Vegetarian Kitchen. Both excellent. Will make both again. Would serve both to all comers.

Matt drank the Mount Carmel beer that was to go in the Chili so I would like to try it again with the beer. Matt had the left over Chili for lunch several days later and said it was even better.

I have the chili at 450 calories per serving for 4 servings. I used a whole avocado because they taste good and I don't think you can really keep half just laying around. The whole avocado but the calories at 490 per serving. I think this is a recipe that should be doubled as it would solve the avocado problem and it tastes so good leftover. My avocado did not slice up very well so I just chopped it and mixed it in. I will have to get back with the calories on the cornbread.

I have 14 posts with pictures ready to go and more waiting on the camera.


I had some left over cornbread for breakfast and found it held up well in the refrigerator. See next post for details.

No comments: