Saturday, May 16, 2009

Spring Rolls



I made up a mess of spring rolls from the Moosewood Low-Fat Cookbook. We had enjoyed these before as roll your own at the table. This time I made them all up myself.

The dipping sauce is the key here. The last time I created a ginger infused dipping sauce which I think I prefer.

I used smoked tofu this time in place of the Asian flavored one. The smoked was okay as was the Asian flavored one. I think if I want these to be particularly good I need to cook up my own tofu.

We tried cilantro and basil in these. My preference is for the basil.

The ratios work out well in this recipe and it comes together in about an hour. Last time I served some broccoli on the side which I think might be nice to break up the meal a bit.

1 comment:

Mikeosaurus said...

Oh man. I love the Moosewood book! A roommate of mine had 2 copies and I was always making the peanut sauce in there, and some other things. Those rolls look awesome. I went to a Vietnamese restaurant recently and through my ignorance, ended up with spring rolls with pork and shrimp in them. Keep up the good cooking!