Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Saturday - May 16, 2009

I am a bit behind on my posting. This is from the week I was using the spring recipes from Berley's Fresh Food Fast. This is Sesame Noodles with Tofu Steaks and Baby Asian Greens. I never found the sunflower sprouts and pea shoots that were to be paired with it but felt it was a complete meal without the salad.

I liked this dish. I over cooked the bok choy and found it a bit stringy. The noodles are cold with the warm tofu on top making for a nice spring dish. It also kept well for left overs but left the dilema of whether to eat it hot or cold.

I did not make any notes when I was cooking this and with all the time I am struggling to remember any issues. I used udon noddles and black sesame seeds. The noodle package was slightly less that the 3/4 pounds in the recipe but I felt there were pleny of noodles. I had to use my extra large fry pan to fit the tofu in one layer and even with that I had to run them up the side a bit. I cooked the bok choy whole and then cut in half after words. I am not a fan of raw onions even the scallion variety but Matt likes them. I believe I cooked the entire meal in under 40 minutes but that it took me about 10 minutes to get it on the plates.

I would say this is easy enough for a week night and good enough to serve to vegetarians. I need to work on the bok choy cooking.

No comments: