Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sometimes I wonder why I bother


The other night I made Hot and Sour Soup and a Vegetable and Noodle Saute from the Moosewood Low-Fat Cookbook. No part of it was hard but it ended up being quite time and dish consuming as I had to make broth for both dishes and cook things before they got cooked. We sat down to eat and said "I guess it is okay but it doesn't taste like much."

We then added some hot sauce and some soy sauce and said "I guess this is okay but I am glad no one else showed up to eat it."

I ate the leftovers yesterday for lunch with the added sauces and thought this might be better than frozen entrees. The veggies did taste pretty good but I still had to wonder why I bothered.

I know that I bothered because it is healthy. I am going to have to go back to some different cookbooks next week.

No comments: