Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Iced Coffee - Try #1

I was just walking home in the hot sun and saw several people on the street sipping iced coffee. Being unemployed I thought this would be a great time to work on a sweetened iced coffee recipe. I imagined some steps of caramelizing the sugar and maybe working in a little banana, but my desire for a cold drink made me go for a short route.

Here is today's recipe:

3 shots decaf espresso (made from a little over 1/3 cup of Starbucks House Blend)
3 Tbsp of turbinado sugar
1/8 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of unsweetened soy milk
cup full of ice

I mixed the vanilla into the sugar and the sugar into the hot coffee. I poured the hot coffee over the ice and then mixed in the soy milk.

I thought it was pretty good. I want to say it was too sweet but I really enjoyed that sweet. As I am approaching the bottom of the glass it looks like there is a bit of undissolved sugar.

175 calories

No comments: