Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Some Redemption


Last night I made another recipe from the Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Cookbook. Despite some recent disappointments, I am sticking with it since I bought the ingredients last week and haven't had the energy to think of other configurations. Last night's dinner worked out pretty well. Maybe they should have just made the cookbook about half the size and we could have a lot more winners.

I made the Pasta and Sun-Dried Tomatoes. It was easy and quick. It took about the time to boil the water and cook the pasta. I thought it was going to be too dry with so little oil but it was not. We enjoyed it hot last night for dinner. Today my dad and I ate it cold as a pasta salad for lunch. I would consider this a pretty good pasta salad. This is not pasta with a sauce but more like a salad with individual ingredients that taste better together.

I used a 50% whole wheat penne pasta. The pasta package was some weird weight of 13 some ounces which I am going to guess is some metric thing. I used the whole thing so we had a tad more pasta. I used a 3 oz package of dried tomatoes which the package said was three 1/3 cup servings so again I went a little over. I used fresh green beans. I think a little more water on the dried tomatoes probably would have been good to soften them up a tad more.

It said it made 4 servings at 561 calories. I have not checked the calorie count but I would say you could easily serve 5 (which is what we did with 2 dinners and 3 lunches).

Sorry about the picture. They all turned out to be out of focus.

Taste - 3
Prep - 4

No comments: