Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dinner - June 23, 2009

I cooked up some chickpeas during the day because I had some. I used garlic, bay leaf, and cilantro in the cooking water. For dinner I turned the chickpeas into an entree by following a recipe in Bishop's Italian Vegetarian called Chickpeas Simmered with Tomatoes and Rosemary. I did not make the full recipe which would have used up all my chickpeas.

I served this along side a simple salad of fresh local lettuces.

I really enjoyed this meal. Matt wanted to have the leftover chickpeas on top of a salad the next day for lunch but we were out of salad greens.

I would make these chickpeas again and eat them hot or cold. I could probably only serve this to guests as part of meal but for us it is a nice simple and satisfying dinner.


No comments: