Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dinner - June 25, 2009

I am trying to rethink our meals so that they are more vegetable based and less grain based. So far that means I have some strange looking meals. This is a beet salad made with yellow beets, collard greens, and a lentil dish with lots of vegetables.

I enjoyed this meal but I won't be making it for guests.

The lentils are from Bishop's Italian Vegetarian and are called Spicy Lentils with Aromatic Vegetables. I doubled the vegetables, kept the oil unchanged, and used 2 cups of lentils. I thought this was a good ratio. The carrots were local.

The collards are from Immer's Everyday Dining with Wine and have been a regular for us for years. The collards were local.
The beet salad is from Bishop's Vegetables Every Day and is called Grated Beet Salad. This recipe is easy and requires no cooking. The beets were local.

No comments: