Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dinner - June 24, 2009

This meal was based on Berley's Pad Thai recipe from Fresh Food Fast. I used rice instead of noddles and I added bok choy and sugar snap peas.

With my modifications this was not the beautiful dish that it should have been but it still tasted great. I would probably serve Berley's version to guests but this version with the increased vegetables will probably be a regular for just the two of us.

This time I used just regular tofu instead of the smoked or flavored tofu and I think I might like this simpler approach better. There was a time when we thought the flavored tofu was a great invention but now we tend to enjoy dishes with plain tofu.
This picture included some ginger and hot pepper that were not local. They did not go in the dish. The rest of the vegetables were local and went in the dish. I used garlic scapes in place of the garlic in the recipe.

No comments: