Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dinner - July 14, 2009


Made a version of Berley's "Spicy Summer Bean and Chickpea Salad with Harissa Vinaigrette" from Fresh Food Fast. I had lots of squash and no green or wax beans so I substituted some sauteed zucchini and yellow squash.

I did a lower fat version of doubling the recipe. I doubled the chickpeas, garlic, cumin, and caraway. I did not double the oil or the cayenne pepper. I increased the lemon juice by about 50%.

We enjoyed this dish. If you are trying to use up some squash, give it a try. If you want a really good dish make the original recipe with the beans. You can find a previous post for the real recipe here.

I served this salad along side a simply dressed leafy green salad and some crusty bread. This felt like a light meal but was quite filling.

No comments: