Thursday, March 26, 2009

Uncle Joe's Potatoes

When in Columbus a couple weeks back I shared some cooking stories with Matt's uncle Joe. He told me about a potato recipe he liked.


The recipe can be found online at All Recipes. I followed Joe's suggestions of using Yukon gold potatoes and simplifying the spices by using Herbes de Provence.

I was craving french fries yesterday so I thought I would give it a try. I think the potatoes were right as they held together nicely like little red ones but had that starchy flavor of a good old Idaho potato. I did not peel the potatoes and cooked it up in a non stick roasting pan. I added a green salad on the side and called it dinner.

This was a success and it was easy. I could serve it to anyone as side dish but probably should not be the main course. I have not really checked out the All Recipes site yet but I will have to after this success.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Kristen. I came back looking for the orzo and asparagus recipe and saw this. I'm glad you liked it. I don't peel the potatoes, either. I recently made them with russet potatoes and just salt, pepper, red pepper and the oil. That worked well, too.