Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cooking Dinner for Lunch


Matt was at a seminar this evening and I ate popcorn and raisins for dinner. I just wanted to watch tv and munch on food like a normal couch potato. Raisins and popcorn while watching a DVD from the library was about as close as I could get. While I show the very evident signs of eating too much I do not fall for the normal pitfalls of potato chips, ice cream, and soda.

I am currently cooking up the Millet Pilaf for our lunches tomorrow. The plan was to have this with a leafy green salad but we ended up with grapes instead.

At first the fact that the majority of the recipes I picked out on the Culinate website to try were in cookbooks I already had from Berley, Bishop, and Moosewood bothered me. Now I am trying to look at it as if they are tested for me free of charge.

By the way this one is from Bishop and I cooked from my book rather than my itouch. Very easy and quite edible. Nothing fancy and not really greater than its parts but satisfies kind of like mac and cheese would if I liked it. I would give this a 2.5 for taste and a 5 for preparation.

No comments: