Monday, March 9, 2009

Some Leftovers

I didn't get everything cooked up and eaten last week. Last night I roasted up the sweet potatoes as a snack. I was not much impressed with sticky mushy things. I probably would have preferred a regular old baked sweet potato. See last week's post for the recipe location.



I made a version of the winter salad for our lunches today. In this version I was missing some of the greens and I added a pear and some radishes. I thought this was pretty tasty. To make it a make-ahead take-along friendly salad, I mixed the walnut shallot dressing with the pear, radish, mushroom, and fennel. I boxed up the greens separately and tossed just before eating.

I also got some books from the library on photographing food. This picture and the one of the lentil soup from last week are part of my new learning adventure. It looks like warm light is good for cooked foods but that natural or cool light may work for some salads. Next I need to find the manual for the camera.

No comments: