Friday, March 12, 2010

Lunch - February 28, 2010

I believe this is called broccoflower and is some sort of cross between broccoli and cauliflower. I would say it is more like cauliflower in feel and structure. I used it in a soup where broccoli was called for.

The soup was Iowa Open House Grain & Pasta Pottage from a Frontier Soups' Soup Mix. I made my own vegetable broth which turned out pretty good. I had saved the water from cooking some potatoes and parsnips and added it to a new broth I made with shallots, onions, carrots, celery, potato, and some spices. After making the broth it felt like a waste to use a spice packet with dehydrated vegetables.

While this was okay I wouldn't serve it to anyone. I didn't even make Matt try it. I did eat it all for my lunches over the following week. The pasta in the package was whole wheat but not very good. The rices in it were nice but it just never was quite worth the effort.

No comments: