Sunday, November 9, 2014

I think we can call these Pizza

When the wholewheat flatbreads are well topped, I feel more comfortable calling them pizza. Used white wholewheat flour with just a few tablespoons of regular stoneground thrown in. I started a notebook (the paper type that I will likely store in my bread-maker) for working on the crust refinement. I was out shopping earlier in the day and was frustrated at the lack of wholewheat herbivore pizza. I thought maybe if I prove it can be done well, someone will figure out how to make money selling it.
This one was topped with sautéed spinach, olives, and toasted pine nuts. We also had one with caramelized onions with fresh orange bell pepper and parsley and one with roasted Brussels sprouts over caramelized onions. Both of these were served with a balsamic glaze which tasted great but didn't photograph well.

No comments: